{ Sippity Sip Fridays } Spiced Hot Nutella

Christmas Movies & Songs

I can't imagine a world without movies. There are few movies that make me want to watch them more than once. Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up with a hot cup of deliciousness , in front of the television. Movie magic casts a spell and I'm glued to the mesmerizing idiot box. It pulls me in, takes me on a colorful ,emotional journey and throws me back into the real world.

                                                    

Home Alone 1 & 2 are my all time favorites. I never tire of watching the naughty kid  having fun adventures and getting into trouble all the time. There is no movie like it. It captured the true essence of  christmas & friendship. Turtle doves added a special touch.

I love how miser Scrooge is cured of his bitterness by the ghosts of christmas in A Christmas Carol and restores the good in himself, by  turning over a new leaf.

spice love

The Polar Express is full of christmas stories, where the boy boarded a magical train headed to the north pole, to meet Santa Claus. My favorite part is the bell, which rang for those who truly believe in Santa and the spirit of christmas.


The festive season is incomplete without cheerful songs which fill the air with joy. Songs make any festival brighter and merrier. I love the traditional ones - Jingle Bell Rock, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Jingle Bells & many more. Michael Buble's version of All I Want for Christmas is You is beautiful , not tired of listening to it again and again yet . 


I wanted to make spiced nutella, after deciding spices to add, I searched for some recipes and found one i liked on epicurious. I've skipped some spices. Modified the recipe and I love  the version I came up with. Made it few times in the past few months & everyone at home relished every sip. This one is staying put forever in my recipe box. The aroma is heavenly !
       
                                    


                      
           
Spiced Hot Nutella         
Recipe Source : Epicurious                          

Total Time :  30mins
Serves : 2
Cooking Level : Easy

Ingredients ~
Demerara Sugar - 3 tspns
Milk - 2 cups (in the pic)
1/2 a Star Anise
Cinnamon - 1 tspn
Cardamom - 6 pods
Cloves - 6
Nutella - 2 and 1/2 tbspns
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tspn

Make It ! 
Crush the spices (cardamom seeds, star anise & cloves) using mortar pestle to form a coarse powder
In a saucepan bring the first six ingredients to simmer and keep stirring till sugar dissolves
Remove from heat , cover it. Allow the flavors to infuse for 20 minutes
To the spiced milk add nutella & vanilla essence. Stir a bit
Simmer for 2-3 minutes and mix well using whisk
Strain into cups, use spices for baking
Serve hot & enjoy every sip  :-)

My yummy picks on how to savor Nutella ~
Spread some on toasted bread
Topping for ice creams, muffins, brownies, cakes
Crunchy Nutella - when there's 1-2 tbspns remaning in the jar, add crushed biscuits to it and eat straight out of the jar ;-)

Friday Rewind : Purple Fruit Shots

I left out quite a few movies & songs. Which ones do you like ? 
Wishing you all a joyous festive season filled with loads of delectable goodies !
( Click on  images to see photo viewer )


Join the fun ! This goes to ~

  
Mingle Monday - Add a Pinch                   

 Winter Carnival - Tickling Palates                






29 comments:

  1. That entire Michael Buble CD is amazing! Perfect to enjoy with a cup of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile so big today. :-) xo I love those holiday movies too, and this spiced nutella sounds absolutely, wonderfully decadent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jen, i'm sure it is ! thanks for stopping by

    @krista glad you liked it...thank you ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiced nutella looks super yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant post!!! Loved the idea of a spiced up chocolate.. ;) Stunning clicks..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little tidbids you share from your experience. I make a note of them in my little red diary :-)

    You mentioned every single Christmas favourite in your post and it makes me want to watch them all over again. Christmas Carol makes me melancholic for some reason, yet I love to watch it again and again.
    Spiced Nutella sounds exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous post!!! I love Michael Buble's Christmas songs too. He is so fabulous!!! I never tire of listening to him.

    Happy holidays!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ prathima..thanks a lot !!

    @anita i love the tidbits too :)

    @jennifer thanks a ton :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha..treat for another Nutella lover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow! I love this!! sounds delicious!!

    Thanks for linking up, I featured this post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2011/holiday-foods/

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ sanjeeta...didn't you're a nutella lover, HAPPY to know ;-)

    @cheryl - you made my day ! THANK YOU for the feature & wishes !! :D glad you love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely drink and love movies too, love the pictures of the spices looks like snow flakes

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ rebecca thanks a ton ! you're right i was reminded of snowflakes too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy clicks! I love your twist on adding spices in hot nutella.. Drool-worthy!

    BTW, thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @sayantani thank you !

    @kiran the spices add a different flavor...do try it :) thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome... I too made a spiced Nutella Hot chocolate, and absolutely love it. Almost similar ingredients but I guess I should try this process and give time for the spices to infuse...

    Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We always enjoy the Home Alone movies, too. Okay, this hot nutella drink looks absolutely incredible and I am definitely making this for my Nutella-loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you serious?! This is the most delicious thing I have ever seen. Really. Nutella is my favorite thing... and in a warm cocoa? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ anisha thank you so much...will definitely check out your version !

    @dara i'm glad you'll watch home alone :D hope you make it ! thanks a lot :-)

    @tuscan foodie - hope you do !

    @marina thanks a ton ! there's no cocoa in it though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, now THAT is naughty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hot Nutella! How positively genius. Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ruby naughty is nice ;-)

    @yasmeen thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  23. nutella in hot chocolate sound divine!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Shruti, love the idea of spiced Nutella!! Brilliant! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @junia thanks !

    @ambika thank you. merry christmas to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds absolutely divine! I have a soft spot for anything Nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @sylvie , me too ;-) thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name-URL/Google Account option to leave comments if you're a blogger. Sorry for the inconvenience caused wrt captcha.

Cheers,
Shruti

ShareThis